Reminder: Per Board Policy KGB-1
The District expectations for interactions to identify and resolve concerns include:
1. Respectful inquiry and response;
2. A focus on positive engagement, learning and improvement and
3. Support for District educational objectives and goals.
Please note: Disruptive conduct includes disrespectful or threatening behaviors and repetitive demands for response interfering with employees' capability to follow the priorities set for them by the District.
A. CALL TO ORDER
B. ROLL CALL
C. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
D. PRESENTATIONS AND COMMENDATIONS
F. REPORTS AND COMMENTS
G. CITIZEN FORUM
• Each person wishing to address the Board, should fill out a copy of the form provided at the meeting, and present to the Treasurer or Board President prior to the start of the meeting.
• Each person addressing the Board shall give his/her name and address.
• Each person addressing the Board may have up to three minutes to speak.
See more in Board Policy KD: https://bit.ly/MCSPublicParticipation
H. APPROVAL AND ACCEPTANCE ACTIONS
1. Meeting Minutes
• Regular Meeting: January 24, 2022.
• Special Meetings
• January 20, 2022.
• February 3, 2022.
• February 9, 2022.
• February 14, 2022.
• February 15, 2022.
• February 22, 2022.
• Major Fund Balances – January 31, 2022
• Record of Cash and Investments – January 31, 2022
• General Financial Report-Spending Plan – January 31, 2022
• Approve FY 2022 Permanent Revenue and Appropriations with the legal level of control set at the Fund Level
• Discussion of Five Year Forecast and Actuals
• Approve Checks over $1,000 for January 2022
• Approve Transfer of $60,000.00 from 001 (GF) to 300 (Athletics)
• Approve Fiscal Officers Certification
• P/I Funds Discussion
3. Contributions and Gifts
Donations to Tabby’s Clothesline at Marietta High School (Total Value $1,175)
• Lori Austin, RSVP of Washington County, and Melody Hoskinson, of St. John’s Evangelical Church, donated winter coats and heavy sweatshirts valued at $450.
• Pastor Chad Mugrage, of First Baptist Church, Marietta, donated coats valued at $200.
• Paige Fleming, MHS staff, donated new socks valued at $50.
• Mabry O’Donnell, of Marietta, (and) The Booked for Dinner book club donated 100 pairs of socks valued at $200.
• Chris and Kevin Kelly-Doebrich, of Scotland, donated $200.
• Tammy Johnson donated $75 in new clothing.
• Buckeye Carpet donated a carpet roll pole for a forklift valued at $1,300 to MCS Maintenance Department.
• David W. Beardsley, of Arlington, Va., donated $500 to Marietta Elementary School for Christmas donations.
• Josh Wagner, Marietta Walmart donated tissues to Marietta City Schools valued at $100.
• Mary Alvarez, of Houston, Texas donated several old High School Annuals to the MHS Library.
• Marietta Marquettes donated $402 from the banquet, $25, $10 and $60 from Dance Camp to Marietta Marquettes.
• Marietta Boys Basketball donated $690 to Marietta Boys Basketball and $72 from Tiger Gear to Marietta Boys Basketball.
• Marietta Wrestling donated $345 to Marietta Wrestling and $295 from Tiger Gear to Marietta Wrestling.
• Marietta Youth League donated $5,000 to Marietta Wrestling for wrestling mats.
• Marietta Cheer donated $60 from Tiger Gear to Marietta Cheer.
• Marietta Softball donated $807.38 from the Applebee's fundraiser to Marietta Softball.
I. RECOMMENDED ACTIONS
1. Old Business
2. New Business
a. Resignations/Leaves of Absence:
Classified Staff, Schedule B-22-02
Professional Staff, Schedule E-22-02 (subs and tutors)
Classified Staff, F-22-02 (appointments)
Classified Staff, G-22-02 (substitutes)
Educational Aides, Schedule I-22-02
Classified Staff, R-22-02 (re-assignment)
Professional Staff, Educational Improvement Program
c. Resolution to approve M.O.U. between MCS and Stark State
d. Resolution accepting Amounts and Rates
e. Resolution to approve revisions to board policy
f. Resolution to approve membership with OHSAA
g. Resolution to approve agreement with WCBDD for emergency evacuation plan for
h. Resolution to approve MCS to join the Twin State League (TSL) Conference
i. Resolution to approve an easement for East Ohio Gas Company to access MCS
j. Resolution to approve revisions to professional and classified job
k. Resolution to approve changes/revisions to salary/contract status
J. EXECUTIVE SESSION
The Board meets in executive session only to discuss legally authorized matters. Executive sessions are held only as part of a regular or special meeting and only after a majority of the quorum determines, by a roll-call vote, to hold such a session.
In compliance with law, no official action may be taken in executive session. To take final action on any matter discussed, the Board reconvenes into public session.
See more in Board Policy BDC here.